The Public Accountability Initiative (PAI) is a nonprofit watchdog research group that investigates power and corruption at the intersection of business and government. We publish high-impact research; collaborate with journalists, academics, and activists who are investigating and challenging powerful individuals and institutions; and build and maintain our flagship research site, LittleSis.org (the opposite of “Big Brother”). LittleSis is a free, online wiki database of who-knows-who at the heights of business and government that is used by activists, journalists, and academics researching networks of power and influence.
We currently have openings for the following jobs:
We are seeking a designer to work on a part-time, contract basis to support ongoing improvements to LittleSis.org and other PAI projects. We’re looking for someone with the following qualifications/experience:
- 5+ years of web design experience;
- fluency in web design and UX current best practices;
- solid understanding of design principles like typography, color, layout, grid-based design;
- able to implement designs in CSS/HTML/JS;
- familiarity with various parts of our stack is a plus (including d3, react, Rails, WordPress).
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and links to work samples [email protected]
Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.