The Public Accountability Initiative (PAI) is a nonprofit watchdog research group that investigates power and corruption at the intersection of business and government. We publish high-impact research; collaborate with journalists, academics, and activists who are investigating and challenging powerful individuals and institutions; and build and maintain our flagship research site, LittleSis.org (the opposite of “Big Brother”). LittleSis is a free, online wiki database of who-knows-who at the heights of business and government that is used by activists, journalists, and academics researching networks of power and influence.
All available positions posted below
We are seeking a research analyst with a strong mix of research, analytical, and communication skills to take on a range of projects. The research analyst will be responsible for handling all phases of research, from pursuing leads and filing document requests to analyzing data and preparing reports.
Research Analyst primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Produce original research on the oil and gas industry in coordination with the Senior Research Analyst
- Research support on projects focused on the finance industry, regional power structures and more!
- Engage and assist the LittleSis user community
- Excellent research and investigative skills – particularly online and data-intensive research
- Experience doing research in a reporting, organizing, or policy context
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and projects
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Focused, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic about research
- Skilled in the use of online research databases (eg, LexisNexis and Google) and publishing platforms (eg, WordPress, Twitter)
- Experience with data spreadsheets (Excel and csv experience required)
- Strong judgment and research instincts
To apply please send a resume with three references, a cover letter, and writing sample [email protected]
This full time position is based at our office in Buffalo, NY.
Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.