July 29, 2015
The Public Accountability Initiative (PAI) is a nonprofit watchdog research group that investigates power and corruption at the intersection of business and government. We publish high-impact research; collaborate with journalists, academics, and activists who are investigating and challenging powerful individuals and institutions; and build and maintain our flagship research site, LittleSis.org (the opposite of “Big Brother”). LittleSis is a free, online wiki database of who-knows-who at the heights of business and government that is used by activists, journalists, and academics researching networks of power and influence.
We are seeking a research analyst with a strong mix of research, analytical, and communication skills to take on a range of projects. The research analyst will be responsible for handling all phases of research, from pursuing leads and filing document requests to analyzing data and preparing reports. Qualifications include:
* excellent research and investigative skills
* experience doing research in a reporting, organizing, or policy context
* strong writing and communication skills
* ability to manage multiple competing priorities
* ability to work independently and collaboratively
* focused, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic about research
* demonstrated interest in following news around public policy debates and developments
* skilled in the use of online research databases (eg, LexisNexis and, *ahem* Google) and publishing platforms (eg, WordPress, Twitter)
* strong judgment and research instincts
How to Apply
Email your resume to email@example.com. Please include a cover note in the body of the email, as well as samples of your research work or links to samples. In your cover note, please also identify public policy issue areas that you have interest or experience in researching.
People of color, women, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.